Below is a great recipe for those of you who want a carb-y yet healthy snack. I make a big batch of these, cool them and then freeze them. I then take one or two, put them in the toaster oven and spread some butter on them. Yes, it is indeed delicious. Don’t be afraid to bake these. The only challenging part once you decide to do it is to have all the ingredients so go and get them now. Did you get them yet? How about now? Now?
Healthy Date Nut Scones
- 2/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates, chopped
- 1 2/3 cup cashew or almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, mashed banana, cooled coconut oil or softened butter, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add cacao nibs, nuts, and chopped dates.
- Spoon batter into 2-3 Tbs lumps onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
The recipe sounds really good. I’m going to make this. 🙂