Hi everyone. Since you may be stuck home today because of the weather or something else, you may have the time to whip up some treats for tomorrow. I hope you like these!
Bloody Banana Finger Pops:
1 cup chocolate chips,melted (optional)
1-1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
4 sliced or whole almonds
tube red food coloring gel
2 tsp black frosting
4 popsicle sticks
1. Take a 1/3 of a banana , trim it to be shaped like a finger (thinner) and insert a stick in the bottom through the center about an inch up the center.
2. Roll the banana in chocolate and then shredded coconut (or just coconut if you don’t want to use chocolate), pressing down so it sticks
3. Color the almonds with the black frosting and press the sliced or whole almond at the tip for the “nail”
4. Place on a wax paper covered plate
5. Place in freezer for 2 hours
6. Once the banana is frozen , ooze on the red gel to look like blood
7. Serve cold as popsicles
Eye Ball Cake Pops:
Makes about 30 pops
1 Cake Mix (any flavor) or a store bought cake
1 can chocolate Frosting
2 1b bag candy melt discs-white or yellow (can get at party store)
A piece of styrofoam or old egg carton (to hold cake pops)
1 tube black decorating frosting (Duff Goldman makes a good one)
1-2 tubes Blue decorating frosting
red decorating gel
Make a 13×9 cake, from a mix, homemade or a ready made cake.
Let it cool.
Crumble the cake in a large bowl. and then stir in in 3/4-1 can of frosting until combined and thick enogh to make balls but not too goopy.
Freeze for 15 minutes
When cold, form cake mixture into balls and place balls onto wax paper on cookie sheet.
Freeze the mixture for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt your candy melts in a double boiler
Dip lollipop stick into candy melt.
Dip candied stick into the cold cake ball
Dip each cake pop into your melted candy melt discs.
Place the cake pop stick into a Styrofoam block or old egg carton while the shell hardens.
Spread a little blue frosting on the tips, create a circle, surround the circle with a thin outer circle of black frosting and place a dot of black frosting in the center to make it look like an eye
Drizzle red decorating gel down the white eyeball to look like veins