Well, after a long morning , I wanted to treat myself to a nice lunch. When I looked in the fridge and saw all that leftover chicken from the other night, I got excited.
Fall is a time for new beginnings and what better way to start off the season than with a new cooking attitude and a new chicken salad recipe?
Enjoy my newest creation, perfectly blending sweet and savory.
Sweet Dijon Chicken Salad:
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup chopped dried cherries (can use any dried fruit)
1/4 cup chopped salted cashews (can use any nut or seed you have around)
2 slices hearty bread, I like Baltic Rye bread
Apricot preserves (or any sweet jelly you have around)
2 TBS mayo
1 TBS sour cream
1 1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1) Chop up chicken into 1/4 inch cubes
2) Combine dressing ingredients fully and mix into chicken
3) Add in chopped cherries and chopped cashews an stir
4) Salt and pepper to taste and stir in
5) One on piece of your toast, spread Dijon mustard and on the other, spread on your preserves
6) Make a sandwich with the chicken salad in the sandwich or eat on a platter with salad greens