One is that my friend Hyacinth Mills is starting a fundraising campaign to get her healthy and delicious Vegan and Raw restaurant started in Montclair. Check out her short video discussing the need and desire for a place like FLOW and look for my cameo :
Secondly, I have been discreetly losing my holiday weight yby doing the Paleo or Caveman diet. I’m done now but was able to really kick start my healthy eating after the indulgences of Thanksgiving through New Years.
One way that this healthy regime works is that, for me, I did not feel deprived and was able to have COOKIES! I found this recipe on Pinterest somewhere and cut and pasted it. I removed the chocolate chips and don’t hold myself to the raw honey part-just plain honey. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Even though I have lost the extra pounds, I am still making these and the whole family loves them Enjoy!
Amazing Paleo Almond Cookies:
- 1 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
3. Using a regular spoon, spoon about 1 TBS worth of batter onto the cookie sheet. The batter is loose, but it actually doesn’t spread a lot.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes (until just slightly firm). Remove from oven and let cool for another 10 minutes on the cookie sheet. This is important to make sure they “set up” right.
5. Remove cookies from sheet and allow to finish cooling on a cookie rack. Store in an airtight container.