Hi everyone! Sometimes a single ingredient can make the dish. Take, for example, the Taco Pie I made tonight. The soy chorizo from Trader Joe’s combined with my leftover prepared black beans gave this easy and healthy dish so much flavor and ease.
I hope you like it!
P.S> A big shout-out to my new blog subscribers that I met this week from the Bloomingdales demo I did in the Kitchen wares department and from St. Mary’s Church in Nutley , NJ. What great workshops!
Crazy Good Taco Pie:
Crazy Good (and EASY) Taco Pie:
1 1/2 cups cooked and seasoned black beans (can add honey, garlic, pepper, salt, cumin or any other seasonings you like)
6 oz cooked and chopped Chorizo or Trader Joe’s brand Soy chorizo if you want vegetarian
6 shredded soft corn tortillas (torn into 1″ pieces)
1 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 sliced avocado
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbs salsa
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Combine all the pie ingredients in a cast iron skillet or round pyrex pie plate
3) Bake for 20 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted
4) Top with sour cream in the middle with the salsa on top of sour cream
5) Decorate with the sliced avocado and serve