Hi everyone! I just had an extremely busy weekend and was so glad to have these delicious beets to come home to. Preparing food ahead of time may not always seem like a good use of time ….until you are really busy. Then you are psyched.
I won’t detain you with info on every activity of my weekend but I wanted to let you know about the incredible woman photographed above, Jane Marcus, who organizes a clothing, toy, book and sports equipment swap a few times a year and did so yesterday for the twentieth time! It’s a great opportunity to purge stuff you don’t need and to pick up what you do need, for free!
I got the Amish cookbook you see above and a few clothing items-one cashmere!
For future swap info, contact Jane or start your own in your town!:
Now for the beets!
Marinated Golden Beets:
3 Large golden beets, yielding about 5 cups diced beets
1/3 cup olive oil
2 TBS orange juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Peel the beets and dice them into a 1/4″ dice
2. Roast the beets for 40 minutes at 400 degrees on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
3. Remove from oven and let cool
4. Stir together marinade
5. Pour marinade over beets and stir to combine
6. Chill beets and serve by themselves or with a green salad